Curtain Springs Cattle Station
Lasseter Highway

outback-03.jpg (56765 bytes)
Rest Stop

outback-04.jpg (58607 bytes)
Typical outback filling station
outback-07.jpg (61501 bytes)
Some parrots
outback-05.jpg (67606 bytes)
More parrots
outback-08.jpg (89554 bytes)
Friendly parrot

Curtin Springs Cattle Station and Way Side Inn

Curtin Springs is a working Cattle Station owned and operated by the Severin Family, with three generations of Severins currently living and working here.  Peter Severin first came to the area in 1956 and opened his homestead for passing travelers on their way to Ayers Rock.  Curtin Springs was the key stop that helped to open Ayers Rock up to tourists and is still a popular place for passing travelers.

Curtin Springs is located on the Lasseter Highway, 100 km East of Ayers Rock or 365kms South West of Alice Springs, and is conveniently located for day trips to Ayer's Rock, Mount Conner, The Olgas and Kings Canyon.

Curtin Springs caters for the needs of the passing traveler by offering accommodation, camping, a licensed pub, meals, station tours, and camel rides. Wander around the homestead and visit the aviaries that are home to over 20 different types of Australian birds or say hello to the guinea pigs, emus and kangaroos. The bough shed (or local meeting place at the end of of a hard days work) is a wonderful place to sit back and relax whilst soaking up the atmosphere of a true outback pub.

The Store is offers petrol, diesel, auto gas, soft drinks, ice creams, food, souvenirs, basic groceries, tea and coffee.
 

  Eddie the Emu and Ted the Kangaroo   

Source:   www.curtainsprings.com


Home page   |   Uluru page