Shot Tower is one of the State’s most historic industrial buildings and visitor tourist attractions - having a National Trust ‘A’
Completed in 1870 by Joseph Moir, a native of Kelso,
Scotland, the Tower is the only circular stone shot tower remaining in the
world. The stone was obtained from a disused convict quarry situated on
the top of the hill across the valley from the tower. Each stone on the
outside of the tower is curved and tapered and the total number of blocks is
estimated to be more that 8000. The tower is 48 meters high.